A highly experienced, senior trainer and facilitator of educational programs in leadership competencies with deep and narrow expertise in program management and multi disciplined cross functional team development.
Trainer of PMI accredited leadership programs with 15 years experience of training and facilitating senior executive and line managers in the corporate sector.
Peter holds a post graduate, practitioners diploma, in Logotherapy and Existential Analysis on attitudinal change from Viktor Frankl Institute, Dublin, being awarded 1st class honours. He is an academic associate of Viktor Frankl Institute, accredited with the international association of logotherapy and existential analysis in Vienna.
2010 – 2016:
Business Integrated Solutions Ltd (name change only from SMG)
▪ Trainer and facilitator to client businesses in execution of projects through strong understanding in corporate structure and culture and its impact on attitude and behavior. Process enhancement through U+A+C. (Understanding, Attitude and Competency).
▪ Trainer in finance, marketing, sales, leadership, delivery and measurement of strategy execution programs.
▪ Currently senior lecturer in Dublin Business School MBA Program (Performance Management & reward) and in the past in Nova UCD (University College Dublin).
2005 - 2010: Managing Director (SMG) Strategic Management Group www.bts.com
I conducted an MBO in late 2004 buying the assets and good will that originated in Ireland from 1994.
▪ Design and delivery of senior leadership training programs.
▪ Leading a staff of three employees and four facilitators.Motivating, mentoring and communicating with internal staff and external value chain stakeholders.
▪ Led strategic change and execution workshops for management in Google, Teva, RPS MCOS O’Sullivan, “Achieved 35% increase in utilization, 25% reduction in staff turnover and achieved an 8% increase in gross margin”.
▪ IMI sales effectiveness simulation development and delivery.
▪ Design and development of project leadership and team development programs, tailoring, selling & integrating inter active workshops.
▪ Developing business strategy for change along with strategic plans for execution, generating 350k fee income for FYs 06 - 07. Ahead of OTE. EBIT 38%.
2001 - 2004: (SMG) Strategic Management Group www.bts.com
Training facilitator and business development manager.
Assessment tool deployment, ‘Leading strategy in to action’, ‘Developing & using Influence’, ‘making conflict work’, ‘Essentials of business leadership’, ‘Negotiate 2 Win’.
1998 - 2001: Managing Director CLP & Associates Ltd
▪ Developing Smart card technology for the pre-paid paper based gift voucher market.
▪ Building client card profile & relationships across the value chain: Dunnes Stores, Irish Shell.
▪ Formed and led multi disciplined team in Shell / Dunnes Stores.
▪ Business failed with an undercapitalized business model relying on client funding for capital.
1993 - 1998: Managing Director Pro Motion Consultancy
Formed award winning below the line consultancy (IISPC) 1995/96
▪ Started up from ‘green field’ with Mace Group achieving 500k OTE by year 4. EBIT 35%.
▪ Clients were Kelloggs, Gilbeys, Masterfoods, Unilever, An Post, Cadbury.
▪ Accountable for identifying, accessing, winning and delivering new business.
1988 – 1993: Account Director Creative Solutions Below the line Marketing
▪ New business development and customer relationship management achieving 50k – 150k OTE PA.
1982 – 1988: Business development MJ Flood reporting to Sales Director
▪ Project & sales development achieving 30k- 100k OTE.
▪ Commission only sales.
▪ Business equipment selling.
2012 – 2013 Academic Associate
2013 – 2015 Logotherapist
Post graduate practitioners diploma, Viktor Frankl Institute Vienna/Dublin
NFQ Level 9. Post Graduate. Masters.
2001 – 2012 Strategic Management Group (Wharton Business School USA)
● Strategic Change & Operational Excellence 2005
● Project Management Process (PMI REP Based) 2006
● Project Leadership & Team Development 2007
● Executive & Management Leadership 2008
● Sales Mastery & Consultative Selling 2009
● Financial & Business Acumen 2010
1992 - 1993 ISP London - Diploma Project Management Sales Promotion
1971 - 1981 Gonzaga College, Ranelagh, Co Dublin
Trustee, Simpsons Hospital Dublin (Founded 1779).
Treasurer, St Patricks National School PTA Greystones.
Senior International Irish rugby honours 1986-1989 (Australia, France, Italy Canada and USA). Leinster Interprovincial honours 1988/9 (All Blacks, Irish Provinces).
Counseling, Cinema, Mentoring, Philosophy, People development.